Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It was One of Those Days

Momma said there'll be days like this, my momma said...
But I'm not actually sure she was thinking all of it would happen on the same day...
This particular day was last October,
when Maylin's hair was still short and we thought we'd have a cool winter ahead.

Head cold. 
Need I say more?

Same child down the same slide into the puddle gathered on the bottom of the slide...
in three different pairs of pants. (not Maylin)
You'd think she'd have figured it out on the first trip down, don't 'cha think? 
You'd think I would have figured it out two pairs of pants ago, don't 'cha think?
Start washing machine.

The microwave rolled pungent smoke throughout the kitchen...
which reeked for days although the fans were on and the doors/windows open all day. 
(Scored a new microwave out of that little fire hazard!)

A children's party that three kids needed costumes for...today.

BUT, said children were currently required to replace the sand back into the sand box from where they had taken it to put it in the slide area because apparently the above mentioned water hazard was not enough. They wanted a sand trap. Delay of costume hunt. 
(Score a ripped screen door during the cleaning procedure...)

On to the costume purchase. We had enough time to comfortably enjoy our little excursion together...unless...

The car battery was dead from the sweetly smiling daughter having taken the keys off the rack, inserted them in the ignition, and left it turned "half-on" since...oh, wait, she couldn't explain when she did it since she didn't really speak English-or not so much. 
(Mighty convenient some times, I say)

No problemo. Everyone get into Grandma's van. Grab Maylin's car seat!

Costumes on sale 40 and 50% off! Lucky break, me thinks! 
Something good came from being this unprepared.
Let's head home...we have just enough time to get ready if they eat in the car.

So pretty! You make a sweet Asian fairy, Maylin. (Although, I wanted her to go as a tourist.) 
WOW, that mummy outfit is scary, Matt.
 And Beth, "Goth" has never looked so good. 
Let's load up in Grandma's van and head to your party...unless...

WHERE ARE THE KEYS I JUST HAD?

I walked through the same places I had walked in the past 20 minutes for another 20 minutes. Really. How can I be so careless? How could I lose keys when I am so compulsive about hanging in them up as I come in the door?

As Mark sweetly handed me the spare keys to Grandma's van, I asked one more question: 
Where's Justin?  
He and Austin had taken the keys from the rack where I'd left them and went to finish some jobs at Grandma's house just as I had instructed 3 hours before. 
Did I mention, that I sent them?!

But truly, it was a hilarious day that will rank up there in my 
Comedy of Errors for a L...O....N...G time.

I'm ready for bed.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of silliness!! Glad you all made it through that day and still looking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    My name is Jenna, Your girls are a beautiful princesses and your boys are handsome. All Your kids are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, an earthly angel, and an earthly angel's. She is too cute!

    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

    I wrote this poem

    Each of us are Special

    Each of us different,

    No one is the same

    Each of are us are unique in our own way,

    Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

    It doesen't matter what other's say

    we are special anyway.

    What is forty feet and sings? the school chior

    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete